Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sep 2014
Advisors: Prof. Dara Entekhabi, Prof. Dennis B. McLaughlin
PhD Dissertation: Characterization of Uncertainty in Remotely-Sensed Precipitation Estimates
M.Sc., Water Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2009
Adviser: Prof. Reza Ardakanian
Master Thesis: Land Water Storage Effect on Sea Level Fluctuations (Case Study: Caspian Sea Basin using the Modified Model)
B.Sc., Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2007
Adviser: Prof. Reza Ardakanian
B.Sc. Project: Determining a Framework for Modeling Probabilistic Uncertainty in Scenario Analysis
Invited Talks and Panels
- Department of Earth System Science, Stanford University, 2021.
- The TWIML AI Podcast, 2020.
- Borlaug Dialogue, 2020.
- All in the Field: AWS Agriculture, 2020.
- ESA Phi Week, 2020.
- Google Brain, Accra, 2020.
- GIZ Remote Sensing Forum, 2020.
- CGIAR Big Data in Agriculture Convention, 2020.
- The Scene From Above Podcast, 2020.
- Chatham House, 2019.
- ESIP Summer Meeting, 2019.
- ICT4Ag, 2019.
- AGU Fall Meeting, 2018.
- AWS’s Earth Analytics in the Cloud Day, University of Colorado, Boulder, October 2017.
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, September 2017.
- Earth Science Division, NASA Ames Research Center, February 2017.
- Columbia Water Center, Columbia University, September 2016.
- Department of Agronomy, Purdue University, March 2015.
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton University, September 2014.
- Hydrosystems Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, June 2014.
- Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center, University of Maryland, May 2014.
- Parsons Laboratory for Environmental Science and Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, March 2014.
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Connecticut, April 2012.
- Center for Hydrometeorology and Remote Sensing, University of California, Irvine, March 2010.
- Lead Organizer, Workshop on Advancing Application of Machine Learning Tools for NASA’s Earth Observation Data, 2020 (report)
- Co-Organizer, ICLR Workshop on Computer Vision for Agriculture (CV4A), 2020 (Proceedings)
- Session Chair, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 AGU Fall Meetings
- Lead Organizer, Workshop on Machine Learning for Global Land Cover Classification, 2018
- Member, AGU Remote Sensing Technical Committee, 2017-present
- Session Chair, 2017 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS)
- Member of the organizing committee, Environmental Sciences Seminar Series, Parsons Laboratory for Environmental Science and Engineering, MIT, 2015-2016.
- Member, AGU's Eos.org Advisory Panel, 2014-2016.
- Founder and Director, 1st MIT Water Night, 2013.
- Student Representative, Global Environmental Change (GEC) Focus Group of American Geophysical Union (AGU), 2011-2014.
- Member of the organizing committee, MIT Energy Night, 2011.
- Member of the organizing committee, “Food, Water and Energy Workshop'' at MIT Energy Conference, 2011.
- Student Representative, “Committee on Student Life” at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011-2012.
- Co-Chair, International Students Mentorship Program at MIT, 2011.
- Vice President, Persian Student Association (PSA) at MIT, 2011-2012.
- Secretary of the Seminar, “Water, Hydraulic Structures and Environment”, Sharif University of Technology, 2008.
- Member, Central Board of Nahal NGO, 2008.
- Member, Water Working Group of Nahal NGO, 2007.
- Associate Editor, Frontiers AI in Food, Agriculture and Water, 2019-;
- Reviewer for IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Geophysical Research Letters, Water Resources Research, Monthly Weather Review, Journal of Hydrometeorology, Journal of Climate, Advances in Water Resources, Frontiers In Sustainable Food Systems, Journal of Hydrology, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, Remote Sensing, Sensors, Advances in Meteorology, Advances in Space Research, Water and Environment Journal, and Iran Water Resources Research;
- Reviewer for NASA ROSES Commercial Smallsat Data Analysis Program, 2020;
- Reviewer for NASA ROSES AIST Program, 2018;
- Reviewer for NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF), Carbon Cycle & Ecosystem Focus Area, 2017;
- Reviewer for NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF), Weather Focus Area, 2017;
- Reviewer for NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF), Water and Energy Cycle Focus Area, 2016;
- Reviewer for AGU Annual Meeting Student Travel Grant, 2013;
- Reviewer for AGU David E. Lumley Young Scientist Scholarship for Energy and Environmental Science, 2013;
- Associate Editor, Journal of Hydrology, 2017;
- Member of Editorial Board of the website, “Learn Data Analysis (LDA)”;
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board and Reviewer of the Book, “Handbook of Research on Hydroinformatics: Technologies, Theories and Applications", Tagelsir Mohamed Gasmelseid (Editor), Information Science Reference, Hershey, PA, 2011;
- Member of Editorial Board of Sharif Civil Magazine (ISSN 1023-7437), Volumes 35 & 36;
- Director of the Scientific Group of Sharif Civil Magazine, (ISSN 1023-7437), 2004 & 2006.